In case you had any doubts about the areas to visit or at what time of year, we’ve outlined (in our opinion) the TOP 10 things to do in Botswana…
1. Sleep out under the stars on the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans
Whether you self drive or join a lodge tour, with nothing but the stars as your ceiling sleeping out on this moonlike environment is an experience like no other.
2. Take a boat cruise on the Chobe River
Home to the highest concentration of elephants in Africa, the views from the Chobe River are magical.
3. A horse riding safari in the Okavango Delta
Gallop alongside giraffe, splash through the floodplains of the Delta and graze within feet of wildlife.
4. Enjoy a cultural walk with the local Bushmen in the Kalahari
Experience the culture of Botswana by walking with the local Bushmen and learn how they use the natural environment to live their lives.
5. Visit the predator rich region of Savuti
A Leopard and Lion hotspot, if you visit in dry season the fight for survival is played out for all to see.
6. A Mokoro Trail in the Okavango Delta
Nothing beats the tranquillity of the Delta waterways – the Mokoro is a traditional dugout canoe, ideal for experiencing the closeness and intimacy of the scenery and birdlife.
7. A scenic flight or transfer over the Okavango Delta
A birds eye perspective allows for phenomenal photo opportunities… soar above giant herds of buffalo and admire the vast expanse of the Okavango.
8. Camping in Moremi Game Reserve
Campsites in Moremi are mostly unfenced, allowing wildlife to roam freely through the site. Wake in the morning to see the tracks of your visitors the night before!
9. The Selinda Canoe Trail
Canoe the spectacular waterways of the Selinda Spillway, camping on islands in total wilderness.
10. Witness the Zebra and Wildebeest Migration of the Makgadikgadi
Witness the spectacular sight of over 25,000 zebra and wildebeest migrating from the Boteti River to the Makgadikgadi Pans in green season, and returning at the start of the dry season.